Monday, July 15, 2019

Five things that I try to do every day

So most people have their little routines every day. or at least Monday to Friday.

As an autistic person routines are incredibly important to me. They make me feel safe and secure.

It can be small things like making time to sing in my room. or going to the same place for lunch. By completeing my routine i help myself process the world so it isn't overwhelming and i get to do activities that i enjoy.

So here are five things that I try to do every day! feel free to let me know in the comments what kind of things you like to do in your routines.

1. Coffee. As soon as I'm presentable enough to speak to other people. So dressed, shoes on, hair brushed. Deodarant applied.

I don't think I need to explain this part of my routine to anyone. Except for those people who don't drink coffee. Which is fine. Live life how you want. But I and all the other coffee lovers out there will tell you that you are missing out on something wonderful.

2. Singing. I love to sing. It's probably as close to stimming as I get. I sing every day. I love it. it helps me release stress and calm down if I am upset.

3. Workouts. Our dog dash does try to prevent this by sitting on me while I'm working out but lately I have been trying to fit in a home workout every day. ok. maybe more like every other day.

It still counts.

4. Be kind. I try every day to be nice. Sometimes my anxiety makes me a bit grumpy but I try to be mindful of that.

I have to work extra hard at it some days. But I think If you are working at it people will notice and be happy that you are trying.

5. Smile. Lack of sleep and anxiety can make it hard to feel like smiling. But i think sometimes you have to fake it til you make it.

Even if i'm having the worst day ever i try to find something that will make me smile. My dog Dash is really funny and she helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment